Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 24: Still A Papaya


"Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop."

How far along? 24wks & 6 days!

Maternity clothes? I think my belly is finally starting to pop and I definitely feel bigger! My mom is almost as tall as I am and she didn't start fully showing until around 6 months, so I guess I should expect the same. I found a cute shower outfit at Destination Maternity (I hate this store btw) but I don't want to buy it in case if it doesn't fit me in a month.

Stretch marks? No stretch marks and I'm applying anti-stretch mark cream.

Sleep? I'm only comfortable sleeping on my left side, which isn't very comfortable to do the entire night. Oh and I got a taste of what sleep deprivation feels like after being kicked awake at 3am for the past few nights and not being able to fall back to sleep. Still this, I'm actually learning to enjoy my tv time at 3am lol!

Best moment this week? My baby shower invitations went out and my mom sent our baby boy his first piece of mail - a package full of books! Mr. Baby Fever's mom also gave us money to buy a bouncer and we found a super cute one at Buy Buy Baby over the weekend, hopefully our baby likes it! We also interviewed a potential pediatrician yesterday.

Movement? He's an active little guy, especially right after lunch time! Feeling him squirm (even at 3am) is the absolute best thing about pregnancy, I'm going to miss this.

Food cravings? I'm craving a COLD sandwich!! That might just be the first thing I eat after giving birth!

Gender? It's a Boy!!

Labor signs? Nope.

What I miss? I miss not being so emotional!

What I'm looking forward to? Our furniture should be arriving in the next week or two!!

Weekly Wisdom: Unless a pregnant woman asks for your advice/opinion, the only thing you should say is "congratulations" or "you look great". Everything else is considered rude.

Milestones: Interviewed a pediatrician.

Emotions:I've been in a crying mood all week long, dang hormones!

24 weeks & 6 days pregnant

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you're only 6 days ahead of me - I'm 24 weeks today! And I'm planning a home birth, too! We struggled with conception as well (due to PCOS) and luckily, got our little girl with Clomid. Between the furbabies (we have two as well, cat and dog though), the home birth, and our due dates being less than a week apart, it sounds like the only thing we *don't* have in common is location - you're in AZ, I'm in BC Canada.

    Still neat though!

    I found you through Jenny's blog, Are We There Yet. She found my blog (http://www.crunchybusiness.com) and I'm glad she did! Nice to meet you, fellow 24-week'er! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Cheryl!! Congrats on your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete