Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Friday, March 19, 2010

19 Weeks: Mango

"Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. "

How far along? 19wks & 6 days!

Maternity clothes? Hello flats, goodbye heels :(

Stretch marks? No stretch marks and I'm applying anti-stretch mark cream.

Sleep? I'm only comfortable sleeping on my left side, which isn't very comfortable to do the entire night. Still this.

Best moment this week? Feeling stronger flutters, it is by far the coolest feeling!

Movement? Baby has been really active this week. I can now feel him on a daily basis!

Food cravings? I craved eggs and peaches for the majority of my 1st trimester and now I'm addicted to mangoes and kumquats! Still this!

Gender? It's a Boy!!

Labor signs? Nope.

What I miss? Heels!

What I'm looking forward to? DH being able to feel our little guy kick for the first time.

Weekly Wisdom: Go on date nights as much as possible! This advice was given to me by several moms and we're enjoying hanging out as a couple before it becomes a threesome.

Milestones: Stronger flutters!

Emotions: Still so happy that we can now put a name and a gender to this baby!

19 weeks & 6 days pregnant

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! And tomorrow is 20weeks! Halfway point - that is major. I'm excited to hear you can feel the baby so regularly. I've been straining to feel something (and drinking ice water) but still everything is very ambigous in there. The second half is supposed to be easier, more fun, less worrysome, etc. - enjoy it mama!

    ReplyDelete