Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Got Poked Today

No, not that kind of "poked" (you dirty minded people). After 54 days of waiting for my period, I finally called my doc and requested a blood test. I must say that I finally found an awesome doc- she actually faxed the paperwork in a timely manner to the lab without requiring an office visit (something my previous doc never would have done). Don't even get me started on complaining about my previous doctor- she was horrible! Her advice for TTC (trying to conceive) was, and I quote, "have sex every other day and that should work". Umm where did you go to medical school? When I informed her that I was charting she looked at me like I was an alien. She also wasn't very supportive of a natural pregnancy and was confused as to why I wouldn't want to be put on pain meds while TTC. Needless to say, I left that office and never looked back.

As soon as I got the ok by my new (and improved) doc, I went to the lab this morning. I think this was the first time in my life that I was looking forward to being poked by a needle. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up but I can't help but feel a tiny glimmer of hope that I will receive the best call of my life tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Day 54 and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment